The conversion from ICD-9 to ICD-10 adds a significant increase in specificity to clinical diagnoses and procedures. CMS published GEMs (General Equivalency Mappings) files as a starting point to identify ICD-10 codes. However, GEMs tables do not easily identify all possible codes to be considered in a clinical situation. AXIOM has created I-Search, a search tool which is based on GEMs tables but has generated additional code relationships that presents the user with all code possibilities.
The I-Search tool significantly reduces the time it takes for Payer organizations to perform benefit mapping, validation rules, report conversion and data analysis translations. In addition, a Provider organization may use this tool to translate superbills, paper forms, job aides, and application audits.
- Includes both diagnosis and procedures codes
- Translates ICD-9 to ICD-10 and ICD-10 to ICD-9 delivering all code possibilities
- Look-up either ICD-9 or ICD-10 Codes
- Code or text entry or copy & paste of multiple codes
- Search on partial codes, text and common medical abbreviations
- Text search finds all code possibilities· Includes both short and long descriptions
- Provides combo code alerts
- Provides unspecified code alerts
- Identifies proper encounter sequence codes· Flags GEMS mappings
- Available as a web and mobile friendly app
- Download results to Excel or PDF