AXIOM Systems, Inc. is the premier healthcare IT and business solutions provider specializing in support for the system integration, implementation, enterprise reporting, HIPAA and EDI needs of healthcare organizations. AXIOM is unique in its ability to develop and implement practical, effective solutions based on its deep knowledge of the healthcare industry.
To support its clients AXIOM is looking for Sr. Business Application SME/Experts with Facets, Benefits and medical plan configuration experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working as part of a team or as a team lead within a consulting environment.
The Sr Facets Business Application SME provides expert application knowledge that is global for a business area rather than being single process focused. These applications support core business processes such as claims adjudication, membership enrollment, financial processing, etc. Facets, NetworX, PowerMHS, and AMYSIS are examples of core processing systems. The incumbent is sought when there is application considerations needed due to problems, projects, or for overall assessments. This role’s oversight and strategic thinking skills ensures that comprehensive, efficient solutions are being developed and implemented without negatively impacting the current operating environment and systems.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be the “Superuser” expert for the business unit on NetworX (Modeler, Pricer, PBA) and/or Optum Payment System applications. Will represent business on complex corporate projects.
- Coordinates the resolution of production problems; works with various areas to support the user and to ensure operational stability.
- Acts as the Business Lead on the resolution of production problems and procedural problems; performs initial triage for severity and business impact of application failures; documents a plan of action to ensure resolution; escalations are primarily resolved without upper management involvement.
- Responsible for resolutions that affect multiple business areas or applications.
- Provides timely and accurate assessment of data presented for root cause analysis to ensure ultimate system performance.
- Ensures efficiency of tools for day-to-day business use, for advanced trend analysis, and timely problem resolution.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the file structure for the business application supported and the data elements within, in order to provide timely resolutions and/or assess business area impacts; knowledge of business area is deep and equates to an expert understanding of the underlying applications/systems.
- Provides input into the preparation of Business Cases for system or process changes.
- Serves as an expert contact for other areas within the company, providing operational data in a consistent, precise, and timely manner.
- Utilizes system access tools, such as Query Manager, to extract needed data for evaluation.
- Leads teams in assessment of business issues; determines next steps, documents findings, and communicates action steps.
- Serves as the expert on vendor application issues that require a re-creation of the issue and works with vendor managers to ensure timely resolution.
- Coaches and mentors less senior Business Systems Analysts in addressing systems issues; provides direction in assessing process problems.
- Lead the development of testing plans with Business area and IT
- Serve as point of contact for business testing activities and influence testing strategy to ensure testing appropriately meets business requirements.
- Develop, document and may, in some cases, execute test plans and scenarios.
- Analyze and verify results for accuracy, relevance and completeness.
- 5-7 years of application experience to include either Claims, Membership, Individual Business, etc.
- In lieu of a degree, 7-9 years application experience in the hiring area will be considered.
- Strong skills with Optum Payment Systems and/or NetworX (Modeler, Pricer, PBA).
- 3-5 years Facets Benefit configuration experience, preferred.
- 3-5 years in an operational area preferred.
- Familiarity with health care industry is preferred.
- Ability to interpret Medicare regulations and application of them in the Optum solution.
- Strong consultative skills with ability to communicate recommendations, issues, and risks in a clear, solution-focused manner.
- Excellent facilitation skills that include workgroup leadership and/or problem resolution across multiple groups.
- Strong project management skills.
- Focus on proactive and creative solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply complex technical specifications.
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to coach and mentor less experienced staff and oversee work efforts.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent formal presentation skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret and present quantitative data.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and successfully coordinate work of others.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Process focused
- Solid PC skills with MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Please email your updated Word resume to Deana Taylor at email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Duration: 6 months, with extensions
Location: East Cost